Monday 24 February 2014

GN exclusive








Elijah Oyelade is a music director of Dunamis International Gospel center, Abuja. He is a man filled with an overwhelming presence of God. He has a great passion for the Gospel music and uses it to reach out to the broken hearted, the lost souls, the backslided and most of all, to everybody out there. He strongly believes that with God, all is possible, and through music, we will get there because worship is God’s last count for the last days. Our entertainment Correspondent cornered him in the middle of his busy schedules where he is doing what he knows best, music ministrations of course and had this breathtaking interview.

Excerpts



Can I meet you?



My name is Pastor Elijah Oyelade. I am the music Director of Dunamis International Gospel Centre.



How has it been since you gave your life to God?



I got born again in 1986 and I rededicated my life in 1994, precisely in December and since then I have been in the lord and it has been glory to glory. It is a beautiful experience.



How did you get your inspiration of sing gospel music?



One of the things I have come to realize is that God is passionate about relationship. He desires relationships. To me, I believe that Christianity is all about relationship with God, for me I am in cordial relationship with God. Many times in my life, it may be at the middle of anything I am doing, it just comes. This thing about inspiration is beyond profession, it may be in my private time, i always sing a song anytime I am in the spirit.



Many people are touched with your music ministrations, what is the magic?



God is the magic. I give Him all the glory. People have come to me and ask me what makes my song this impactful and a blessing to as many that listens to them but I say there is nothing special but God. It is just about relationship with God and I know that I love the lord and His presence is with me too. S o when I sing a song, the presence of God is communicated through the song to the the people. One of the things I tell people is that when you sing a song, you are not just a singer but also a pastor,you also communicate through the song. Pastors communicate through the word but a music minister’s is through the song. Whatever concentration or spiritual exercise that you pass through will as well go through, which also commands same aunction and power. Idont see myself as a mere singer, I am a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ, through songs and the word also.



What do you have to say about gospel musical artists, are all of them led by the spirit?



You see, music is an Art and a lot of people sing, so many talented to sing. There are various types of singers but here, I am particular about gospel music, I am not saying that all are called by God to sing but I am saying that anybody who can sing, should sing for God. I f you have got some talents of singing, you should sing unto the lord because He alone gives talents. What we see now is that a lot of people focus more on entertainment/music. This is a passion I have, that is music. If you want entertainment, we have got it everywhere, so you don’t have to be a Christian to entertain because the bible said that the gospel of Lord Jesus Christ is not just the word but also the power. St Paul the Apostle said he is not ashamed of the gospel of the lord Jesus Christ, but it is the power of God unto salvation. So I believe that every gospel singer should communicate the depth of God’s power to the listeners and not just entertainment. I am not saying that entertainment is wrong but that it is already there. So the passion of every gospel singer should be how much power of God you can communicate through music. I am really grateful to God for his grace and faithfulness on what this work is doing. Someone sent me a text message and told me that someone was playing this song in a mechanic workshop and suddenly fell under a strong and overwhelming anointing and power of God, the person came out of the car and started speaking in tongues, broke out in the spirit and people gathered around. Another person was also listening to the song and began to prophecy, THESE ARE ALL WHAT GOSPEL MUSIC SHOULD DO, COMMUNICATE God’s power to those who hear them.



Can you talk about your new Album called, Show us your glory?



Yes, actually it is a passion and a vision. The vision is to help the music material that will be evangelistic tool in the hand of God to reach out to everyone around the world. I want to see a situation whereby the music will be a combination of word and music that becomes a tool in the hand of God to reach nations. Music on its own has power to reach the souls of men. We talk about anointed music that can go deep down into the spirit of man and accomplish the change that God desires of His people. It is a passion and when you look at all the song’s line up, it’s a deliberate because it is a progression of worship that climaxed, until you get into the very depth of worship. In a vision, I see this Album communicating the presence of Jesus Christ to everyone that listens to them. Overwhelming their word, yes I said there word, until their world becomes Jesus word. I call this ALBUM Jesus Christ Project; it is in the sense that it is an enforcement of the kingdom of God. Anywhere it is played, it quickens the spirit of Jesus to enforce the presence of God.



As a gospel artist, where do you see yourself in a couple of years from now?



It has been my vision for years back, that through music and word of God, I am going to reach out the nations of the world with the presence of God. The presence of God is what we need in our generation and I believe music is one of the tools, in fact this is the last days and the last count of God is worship and God is going to use instrument of worship to reach out to nations of the world and I believe that I am positioned by the privilege of God to fulfill this passion of God, to carry the gospel of Jesus Christ in word and in worship through the nations of the world, I believe God that very soon I will be recording with great gospel musical artists in the likes of Don Moen, Integrity Music and God will make it come to pass.



How do you combine music with your family?



I am blessed! I thank God, you see one of the sweet things that happens to a man is to be united with a woman, who is like-minded, my wife is also passionate about music, she sings also and has been a great support to the ministry and I appreciate God for her. Music and family is a beautiful thing, we just flow and we all swim in the same vision.



How do you unwind?



Well, I really will not say that I have much time to engage in extra-curricular activities I remember I have been promising my little girl that am going to take her out but I have not fulfill that promise I take break too, anytime I am free, I am always at home with my family.



Any advice for up coming musical gospel artists



I believe that anyone who had a vision of reaching out to people in the realm of music should stay with God. I see a lot of people not ready and rush out to do songs that are deep inspiring, deep lyrics, gospels content of a song is very important, the songs should also be deep in the word of God.



A word for your fans





They should always believe in the word through my music I will never let them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment