Friday 31 January 2014

Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien completes transfer to AC Milan





The 31-year-old who looked more like surplus to requirement at the West-London club has signed a one and half year deal with the Italian club.


Essien will be looking at earning a shirt in his country’s team for the 2014 world cup in Brazil.


The midfielder cited the greatness of the club and new coach Clarence Seedorf as reasons why he chose the club, when he said;


‘Milan are a great club’. ‘I’ve joined the Rossoneri after having spoken to Seedorf. I hope he becomes a great coach’.


He also thanked his former team and coach for allowing him go to Milan and promised to do his best for his new club. ‘I would like to thank the [Chelsea] president and team and also [manager Jose] Mourinho, who has allowed me to wear this red and black shirt. I will do my best for Milan’, he concluded.


He becomes Milan’s third signing of the January (winter) transfer after the arrival of Japanese playmaker Keisuke Honda from Russian club CSKA Moscow and French defender Adil Rami from Valencia.

No comments:

Post a Comment