Wednesday 26 November 2014

Empress throws birthday party in Abuja


...celebrates with orphans


It was all love and fun at the Cruz Resort over the weekend in Abuja, as Nollywood diva, Empress Njamah celebrated her birthday with the less privileged. 
The event, which held under the banner of her foundation, House of Empress, had in attendance the high and mighty in Nigeria’s prestigious movie industry, Nollywood, as ace actor/producer, Fred Amata, comic act, Charles Inojie, music icon, Jaywon, Nollywood sexiest, Benson Okonkwo, all answered present.                                                                              
After a series of dance and comic strip, the celebrant of the day paid special attention to the kids from different orphanage homes in the Federal Capital Territory who graced her party.
According to Njamah, celebrating with the less privileged is an honour to her. 
“I have been celebrating with the motherless babies for over eight years, it is something I do all the time on my birthdays, I brought the kids from their different orphanage homes. 
“This is how I use my foundation to reach these kids. We take care of their every need.”  
She added that “it is something I do personally; I do not have support from the government yet. My friends contribute by attending some came all the way from Lagos to play with the kids to let them know that they are important and relevant in the society.” 
The actress said helping the less privileged was a passion she had developed over time. 
“The inspiration came from God and the love I have for children. There is just something that connects me and children; it gives me joy; I am overwhelmed seeing kids having fun. It is something I have taken upon myself to do and I am going to do until I die. It is not work; it is a form of joy for me. It is not like I am going out of my way to do it because it is something I love to do. I always do it every month and there is always something to celebrate. The kids are over 1, 300, including disabled people and widows.”   
Nollywood actor, producer, Fred Amata who was also part of the celebration said, “It gives me so much joy to see that somebody like Empress has taken it upon herself to celebrate with all these children who are motherless. I am very proud and happy to be here today to support Empress and to support these children.”
Music icon, Jaywon said, “At this time this is the best place I can stay. Empress Njamah is a big fan; I am a good friend of hers. It is not just about partying everyday it is a special day to celebrate; so it is a great privilege to be part of this.”

No comments:

Post a Comment